Consumer Advocate for Insurance Home Consumer Advocate for Insurance
Insurance Problems? We are your insurance ombudsman!
Toll Free
Join us on Facebook
Home Online Complaint Form About Us News Publications Mandate Annual Reports Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Links Contact Us


There are often similar questions asked by New Brunswickers with regard to insurance issues. We have compiled our most frequently asked ones and published them here for you. Please feel free to browse our FAQs and if you don't find the answer to your question, give us a call at 1-888-283-5111.
If I am involved in an accident in New-Brunswick with another New- Brunswick vehicle that is at fault and also insured in New-Brunswick, how do I get paid?

If both vehicles are insured in New-Brunswick and that you are not at fault, then your own insurer will appraise your vehicle and compensate you for the damages along with paying for your loss of use claim (car rental) and any damages to your personal contents.   This results in a speedy claim and the client does not have to contact the other insurer for service etc.  The “at- fault” vehicle does not get paid unless that vehicle carried its own section C collision coverage.

Join the Discussion
The Consumer Advocate for Insurance is now on Facebook. Join our page to contribute to the many topics listed on our discussion board. Find out what others are saying about insurance issues around the province. Join us on Facebook
Ask the Advocate
Are you having a problem regarding your insurance? Do you need an advocate on your side?

We are here to help.

Name E-mail
Enter your question here:
Security Image:  
Annual Report
Download PDF
Show all Annual Reports
Useful Documentation
Download PDF
Download PDF
Download PDF
Download PDF
Home Online Complaint Form About Us News Publications Mandate Annual Reports FAQs Links Contact Us Français
Copyright © 2010 Consumer Advocate for Insurance. All rights reserved.
This website is best viewed at 1024 by 768 screen resolution.

A production.